February 6th, 2019
We will welcome our guest speaker, Ron Howard, a garden writer and speaker from Hamilton. Ron will be speaking on "10 Things I learned From Other People's Gardens".
Our meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month from September to June.
For the summer months there is an excursion and a mystery tour. The meetings are held at
the Paris Fairgrounds, 139 Silver St., Paris. The meetings begin at 7:30 pm with social time
at 7:00 pm and following the meeting.
New members and guests are welcome.
The object of the society is to encourage interest in horticulture by:
- Holding meetings and classes for instruction and discussion on subjects connected with the theory and practice of horticulture and floral design.
- Encouraging the improvements of private and public planting grounds by the planting of trees, shrubs and flowers, and by otherwise promoting outdoor and indoor horticultural activities.
- Holding exhibitions and competitions within a recognized program, achievement awards designed to encourage the superior production of vegetables, fruits, plants, flowers, trees and shrubs throughout the County of Brant.
- Distributing seeds, plants, bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees in ways that will create an interest in horticulture.
- Promoting the circulation of books, periodicals and other publications pertaining to horticulture.
- Providing social activity to encourage membership.
Antler Services: www.antlerservices.com
Connon Nurseries, Waterdown: www.connonnurseries.com
"Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, emark upon a sentimental journey and enjoy every idle hour." John Boswell