April 3rd, 2019
Our speaker is Denise Hodgins, Twelve Favourite Garden Tools".
1. Egg-spectations: a small design in a cup & saucer, may be fresh or dried material, accesories
2. One spring time bloom from your garden.
3. One flowering branch: maximum 60 cm, does not have to be from your own garden.
Our meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month from September to June.
For the summer months there is an excursion and a mystery tour. The meetings are held at
the Paris Fairgrounds, 139 Silver St., Paris. The meetings begin at 7:30 pm with social time
at 7:00 pm and following the meeting.
New members and guests are welcome.
The object of the society is to encourage interest in horticulture by:
- Holding meetings and classes for instruction and discussion on subjects connected with the theory and practice of horticulture and floral design.
- Encouraging the improvements of private and public planting grounds by the planting of trees, shrubs and flowers, and by otherwise promoting outdoor and indoor horticultural activities.
- Holding exhibitions and competitions within a recognized program, achievement awards designed to encourage the superior production of vegetables, fruits, plants, flowers, trees and shrubs throughout the County of Brant.
- Distributing seeds, plants, bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees in ways that will create an interest in horticulture.
- Promoting the circulation of books, periodicals and other publications pertaining to horticulture.
- Providing social activity to encourage membership.
Antler Services: www.antlerservices.com
Connon Nurseries, Waterdown: www.connonnurseries.com
The sun is warm the wind is chill, you know it is with an April day.
When the sun is out and the wind is still, you're one month on in the middle of May.
But if you so much as dare to speak, a cloud come over the sunlit arch.
And the wind comes off a frozen peak, you're two months back in the middle of March.