FLOWER SHOW 2017
Our spring, with its lack of sunshine and so much rain meant we didn't see specimens in some of the classes. However our number of entries was up!
While the entries were being judged Brenda Simpson lead a "garden sharing circle". Everyone had an opportunity to talk about the ups and downs of their own garden and help was offered if requested. This has been enjoyed by our members previously and it is an excellent time to get aquainted with members you don't normally have a chance to visit.
The refreshment team set a very festive table to celebrate Canada's 150th. They served cake, ice cream and strawberries.Thank you to Vi Stevenson and Edith Stone.
1. Flower show committee met in the morning to set up: Shauna, Mary Ellen, Hilary, Pat, Patti and Nancy. Marg is behind the camera!
2. First in "Wood is Good" by Anne Vernon
3. Judge, Jim Mabee, was very thorough and helpful with hints and explanations.
4. Beautiful Itoh Peony
5. Love in the Lupin Class
7. Pat presents the Chairperson's trophy for most points earned by a first time exhibitor to Nancy Chipman.
8. Anne Vernon earned the trophy for best floral design.
9. Brenda received trophies for Best Houseplant and Most Points Accumulated in Show. Presented by Mary Ellen Edgar.
10. Jane Bewick presents Jim Williams with the Best of Show Trophy. Jim also earned the trophy for most points accumulated in the specimen class.
11. Jim Williams with his Best of Show iris.
14. After the judging the show is open for viewing.