June 5th, 2019
Our Annual Flower Show " Tea in the Garden"
Guest speaker Katherine Bootheby "How to Create a Monarch Way Station".
Please bring your entries between 6-7 pm. Social at 7 pm and meeting will begin a 7:30. The entries will be judged while Katherine gives her presentation. Entries can viewed following Katherine's talk.
Guests are welcome.
Our meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month from September to June.
The meetings begin at 7:30 pm with social time at 7:00 pm and following the meeting.
For the summer months there is an excursion and a mystery tour. The meetings are held at the Paris Fairgrounds, 139 Silver St., Paris.
New members and guests are welcome.
The object of the society is to encourage interest in horticulture by:
- Holding meetings and classes for instruction and discussion on subjects connected with the theory and practice of horticulture and floral design.
- Encouraging the improvements of private and public planting grounds by the planting of trees, shrubs and flowers, and by otherwise promoting outdoor and indoor horticultural activities.
- Holding exhibitions and competitions within a recognized program, achievement awards designed to encourage the superior production of vegetables, fruits, plants, flowers, trees and shrubs throughout the County of Brant.
- Distributing seeds, plants, bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees in ways that will create an interest in horticulture.
- Promoting the circulation of books, periodicals and other publications pertaining to horticulture.
- Providing social activity to encourage membership.
Antler Services: www.antlerservices.com
Connon Nurseries, Waterdown: www.connonnurseries.com
"In June, as many as a dozen species may burst their buds on a single day. No man can heed these anniversaries; no man can ignore them." Aldo Leopold
Posted in Uncategorised