August 7th. This is our annual excursion. We will be car pooling from the Paris Fairgrounds at 5:45 pm sharp. If this is not convenient you can make your own way to LaPrimavera Farms 221 Middleton Road, Dundas (near Christies corners). It is about 30 minutes from the fairgrounds. This is a father/daugher team growing seasonal flowers.
Guests are welcome.
Our meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month from September to June.
The meetings begin at 7:30 pm with social time at 7:00 pm and following the meeting.
For the summer months there is an excursion and a mystery tour. The meetings are held at the Paris Fairgrounds, 139 Silver St., Paris.
New members and guests are welcome.
The object of the society is to encourage interest in horticulture by:
- Holding meetings and classes for instruction and discussion on subjects connected with the theory and practice of horticulture and floral design.
- Encouraging the improvements of private and public planting grounds by the planting of trees, shrubs and flowers, and by otherwise promoting outdoor and indoor horticultural activities.
- Holding exhibitions and competitions within a recognized program, achievement awards designed to encourage the superior production of vegetables, fruits, plants, flowers, trees and shrubs throughout the County of Brant.
- Distributing seeds, plants, bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees in ways that will create an interest in horticulture.
- Promoting the circulation of books, periodicals and other publications pertaining to horticulture.
- Providing social activity to encourage membership.
Antler Services: www.antlerservices.com
Connon Nurseries, Waterdown: www.connonnurseries.com
"The dandelions and the buttercups gild all the lawn; the drowsy bee stumbles amongs the clover tops and summer sweetens all to me." James Russell Lowell.
Posted in Uncategorised